CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Updated: September, 2022
Below are the standard conditions of entry for Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre (QSAC). From time to time specific events will require specific conditions of entry – these will be noted where applicable on the specific event page.
Please check the What’s On page of our website to find the specific event page.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
You enter and use this Venue at your own risk.
Face masks are not mandatory at this venue, however patrons are very welcome to wear a mask at our venue if they choose to do so. In accordance with our conditions of entry all visitors enter the venue at their own risk. Whilst Stadiums Queensland has implemented all legally required and recommended control measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, by entering the venue all patrons acknowledge and accept that there currently remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of COVID-19. All patrons are assumed to have assessed this risk of transmission, including through consideration of their own health condition, in making the decision to attend the venue.
Management and the hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to any person or remove or evict any person from this venue who do not comply with any Queensland Government Chief Health Officer health direction under the Public Health Act 2005 (Qld).
Stadiums Queensland, through the Queensland Police Service, the venue’s nominated security provider or its staff, reserves the right to conduct bag and body searches. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the Venue.
Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Venue. Patrons bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. Neither the Venue nor the Hirer will be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a customer’s personal property.
Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including, without limitation, photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event without the prior written approval of Management. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording devices which are confiscated will become the property of the Venue.
Patrons acknowledge that the Venue or the Hirer may use a Patron's image or likeness as part of any recording of the event.
Persons under 12 years of age will not be permitted entry unless under the direct supervision of an adult 18 years of age or over.
Patrons or Users must not engage in any conduct, act towards or speak to any player, participant, umpire or other official or other person in a manner (whether through the use of language, gestures or otherwise) which is likely to offend, insult, humiliate, intimidate, threaten, disparage or vilify that other person on the basis of a personal attribute of that other person, including, but not limited to, that other person's sex, gender, age, race, religion, culture, political belief or activity, colour, sexual orientation, disability or impairment, gender identity, descent or national or ethnic origin. If Patrons fail to comply with this condition, they may be refused admission to, or evicted from, the venue by any Authorised Person, and they must deliver up any and all tickets that they have in their possession at the request of an Authorised Person. In addition, Patrons acknowledge and accept that a failure to comply with this condition of entry may result in the imposition of other sanctions (such as being issued with an official banning notice preventing the Patron from attending the venue in the future).
Stadiums Queensland collects, uses and discloses personal information in accordance with the SQ Information Privacy Plan. Without limiting the above, by entering this Venue, you acknowledge and consent to Stadiums Queensland collecting, using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes of contact tracing, venue security, public safety and SQ’s Banning, Refusal of Entry and Removal Policy. This may include disclosure to third parties including, but not limited to, the Queensland Police Service, Venue managers, Venue hirers and sporting codes. All personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009. Our Privacy Statement can be viewed here.
RIGHT OF ADMISSION
The right of admission is reserved. In particular, Stadiums Queensland reserves the right to refuse entry to Patrons or Users who:
- are in breach of these Conditions of Entry;
- are not entitled to attend the event;
- are the subject of a ban issued by Stadiums Queensland in respect of the Venue or all Stadiums Queensland Venues;
- are the subject of a ban by a hirer, sporting code or non-Stadiums Queensland Venue;
- are under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- evade admission charges; or
- are exhibiting behaviour that is considered unacceptable by Stadiums Queensland, in its absolute discretion.
Stadiums Queensland reserves the right to remove Patrons or Users who:
- refuse to comply with reasonable requests from Stadiums Queensland Staff Members;
- refuse to comply with these Conditions of Entry; or
- are exhibiting behaviour that is deemed unacceptable by Stadiums Queensland, in its absolute discretion.
Stadiums Queensland reserves the right to impose a ban on a Patron or User in instances where their actions are deemed by Stadiums Queensland to be sufficiently serious to compromise someone’s safety or amount to a serious breach of the Conditions of Entry.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry to patrons carrying prohibited items, or confiscate those items.
Items which, in the opinion of Management, have the potential to cause injury, nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the Venue.
Prohibited items include:
- Dangerous or illegal substances;
- Weapons and potential weapons as determined by Management, Security or Police such as guns, knives, swords, chains, studded belts etc;
- Flares, fireworks, weapons, explosives, smoke bombs or other incendiary devices;
- Laser pens / pointers;
- Loud hailers;
- Drones and other Remotely Piloted Aircraft;
- Glass containers, cans including aerosols or metal containers of any style;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Deliveries and product from external caterers and commercial outlets;
- Professional standard cameras with detachable lenses over 300mm, video and/or audio recorders, commercial digital equipment, camera tripods and / or monopods (mobile phones permitted);
- Items that could create litter such as confetti, ticker-tape and streamers;
- Items that are deemed oversize and therefore could not fit under the patron’s seat;
- Scooters, roller-skates/blades, skateboards, push bikes, Segways or other unauthorised means of transportation;
- Animals (with the exception of certified service animals);
- Clothing, personal items, signs or flags displaying commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos; and
- Other items as determined by Management that have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
Umbrellas are permitted to be brought into the Venue, however, these must not be opened or raised in the seating areas or on the internal concourses.
Prams and push chairs - We encourage patrons to consider leaving their pram or push chair at home. Should you wish to bring your pram or push chair please note it cannot be taken into the seating areas for safety reasons.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Patrons are not permitted to enter the venue with commercially packaged food or beverages. Patrons will be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the Venue.
This does not apply to food or beverages required for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
Permitted food and beverage items:
- Homemade food (eg sandwiches / rolls, homemade cakes/biscuits, meals) in unmarked/non-branded containers and bags;
- Commercial food packaged at home in unmarked / non-branded containers and bags;
- Lollies, chips, biscuits and similar items – personal quantities only;
- Drinks carried in a thermos or drink bottle. Thermos and drink bottles may be inspected by Management or Security before entering the Venue; and
- Commercial water, soft drinks, milk and juice (up to 1.25L). Unsealed plastic bottles and drink containers may be inspected by Management or Security before entering the Venue.
Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld) smoking (including use of e-cigarettes) is prohibited within 5m of any entrance gate or door to the Facility. Patrons who smoke within QSAC commit an offence under that Act, to which fines apply, and may be evicted from the venue. For more information, please view the Stadiums Queensland Tobacco Legislation webpage.
Scalping or purchase of tickets in breach of the Major Sports Facilities Act 2001 (Qld) is an offence. Penalties of up to $2,875 may apply. Patrons who have purchased tickets in such a manner may be refused entry. For more information, please view the Stadiums Queensland Ticket Scalping webpage.